Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two thoughts

This Mother's Day my mind has been mulling over two thoughts in particular. The first one- that by next Mom's Day I will hopefully be a mother to two. This is exciting and wonderful and fills my heart with joy as I think about who Haven will be a year from now and who else will be joining our family.

The second thought has been about who are adopted child's mom is. Is she pregnant already? What's going on in her life right now? Does she have any idea of what circumstances are going to change her life and bring her to a place where giving up her child is a reality? I can't even imagine what her life is like...but my heart is heavy for her today. I don't know who she is or anything about her but I've been praying for her a lot the last few days.

Two thoughts that have been dominating my mind- one impossibly joyful and the other makes my heart hurt. But I think I'm really starting to understand that that's the reality of this whole adoption thing. Pain on one side and joy on the other. Someone is going to go through great agony and heartache to ultimately bring us the great joy of a new member of our family.

And isn't that what God Himself endured in sending His Son so that we could be adopted into His family for eternity?

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."
Ephesians 1:4-6
-kate-

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com