Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Study Orientation

We spent a good part of yesterday driving in the car and attending our home study orientation. Thankfully, we were able to drive up with the Wings which made it a fast and fun car ride. Not that I don't like to get to spend alone time with Cale, but I could not tell you the last time the four of us sat and had uninterrupted conversation. It was nice!

The meeting was really informative and helped me to have a better grasp on where we're at in the process and what we need to do from here. I didn't really get that we could be working on and submitting things to her piecemeal. If I had understood that I would have had a lot more done before we went last night. But I've more then made up for it and have gotten a ton of it written and gathered today. By the end of the weekend we should only have a few things left to do and will be able to schedule our home visits.

I really like our social worker, Therese, and look forward to working with her. She is very relatable and has been doing this for a long time. She was so helpful with all our questions and is going to know more about us then most of you do when we're done with this process!

So today I'm thankful for making lots of progress and for friends that are along the journey with us!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com