Monday, September 21, 2009

Two months

Mathios has been with us for two months! I honestly am having a hard time believing that because it feels like he's been a part of us forever. But then I have moments that remind me that he lived without us for the first 14 months of his life. It's apparent to me when I am putting away laundry and make a of stack of clothes that he's outgrown. But those first pajamas that he wore aren't tiny little newborn ones, they are a 9 month sleeper. It's at the forefront of my mind when I go to a birthday party and remember that Mati celebrated his first birthday without us. I think of his life before us when I'm checking out the teeth he's cutting but see the four he had when we picked him up and not knowing when he got them or which was his first one.

There's a lot we don't know about him and where he's been, but we know that he belongs with us We know that he's a perfect fit for our family. We know that he has an amazing sense of humor and loves to make us laugh and smile. I know that he just learned how to give kisses last week and he's very proud of himself when he shares his slobbery kisses with you. I know that he is walking now and can stand up from the ground without pulling himself up on anything. I know that he loves music and dances at any opportunity. I know that he loves to chew on toys and likes to walk around with a wooden peg in his mouth (so safe, I know!). I know that he loves to cuddle with his mama and get his head rubbed as he's settling down to sleep. I know his cries and his smiles and his laughs. I know when he's tired and when he's hungry and when he just needs a hug.

And most importantly, I know he's mine.

--kate--

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just so you know - I am crying! Love you!

Gina said...

Beautiful! I know that love too! Isn't it wonderful!

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, I relate to every word of this post! And how cute that they hold hands in the car...

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com