Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye July

I am having a hard time believing tomorrow is August 1. August has loomed in my mind as being very far away. For the last 6 months, before we even officially started the adoption process, August was our check point. August was going to be the month that everything was done and we began our official wait. August was THE month.

And here we are...ready to begin this new month and to finalize our paperchase. As of today we are just waiting for our I-171 from USCIS and then we can get everything certified, authenticated and on its way. On one hand I am thrilled that Cale and I have gotten our end of the deal finished with time to spare. On the other hand it's frustrating to be waiting on other people so we can move ahead. The Lord has been gracious to me and kept it far from my mind for the most part. There's nothing I can do to make it go faster so there is no need to stress and worry about it. I am certain in the Lord's perfect timing and have no doubt that His sovereignty covers the day that final piece of paper gets put in the mail to us. We will be ready and waiting...

In other news, we got an update from America World today that they met their goal of 10 referrals for July. While that in and of itself is fantastic news, what's even better is that the wait times are getting shorter for boys! Right now the estimated wait times are 5-7 months for an infant boy and 7-9 for an infant girl. If these time frames remain the same then it looks like we just might be adding a baby boy to our little family! Who knows but the Lord!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com